Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Sad Realizations

On the A Photo A Day blog, they linked to a Time magazine chart that lists percentage of people "very happy" in their jobs. Photographers, 20.8%; Correctional institution officers, 26%; Mail carriers (postal service), 34.5%.

More people working in prisons are happier in their jobs than photographers. That's depressing.

Though to be fair, I'd be in the "happy" category and not the "very happy" category.

I'd also take the study with a grain of salt. As was said in one of my college classes, "lies, damned lies, and statistics."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So yeah, I worked in a prison for awhile and LOVED IT. LOOOOOVVVVVEEEEDDD IT.

So that makes sense.

Josh Hawkins said...

Yep, you are a freak of nature. More power to ya.

And by "work", you mean license plates? Come on, I want the pillow fight behind bars story here, not reality.