Wednesday, May 07, 2008

It's all about the food

I just get to have lunch/dinner with the coolest people. This is, yep, I'm calling you out on stage for a minute, Peter "George" Ksander, according to Time Out New York, "the most ingenious set designer working downtown." And the whole serious look thing makes me laugh hysterically.

I'm becoming a stronger and stronger believer in the value of surrounding yourself with the most creative, kindest people you can. I think it will only encourage those things, help you grow those things, in yourself. I'm not sure if that's how it works, but it's a happy experiment to try.

6 comments:

Ya Looblue said...

hold the phone. you're in new york now? huh? i'm all confused.
i was going to ask it i was going to be seeing you tonight but if you're on a different coast...well...meh.

Ya Looblue said...

LUNCH?! for YOU?! anytime. i'm pretty flexible. wednesdays are good...tuesday afternoons are good...fridays are good...

Ya Looblue said...

any time before 2, yo.

Anonymous said...

I love the shallow depth of field. The details in the background all go fuzzy and it looks to me like we we're sitting in a cafe in Paris. I make out a garret apartment for Mimi to be bohemian and consumptive in over my left shoulder and is that the Bastile prison over the other? what year is it anyway? what's going on here?

Josh Hawkins said...

Ya Loo, I totally missed a flexibilty joke in there didn't I? Damn, my brain isn't as quick as it once was.

Josh Hawkins said...

We're missing one thing if we're going to be dinning in Paris, or anywhere in Europe, the wine bottle man, the wine bottle, where is our wine bottle? I guess we could have wine glasses as well.

Ah well, event do over?

I say Prague next time.