Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Wonderful, Strange


I had the strangest experience on Monday. I had a common holiday off. For the first time in 8-10 years, maybe more, I had Memorial Day off.

See, Memorial Day has a lot of parades and similar, and normally, I'm at those parades making photos. This year, my boss decided to give me the day off and give all that work to freelancers. This was a surprising gift.

I spent the day with two amazing, beautiful women. We picnicked, in spite of the risk of rain, we goofed off, and goofed off some more, and talked enough to write a book or two. Our blankets were covered in food, drink, piles of cameras, clubs and balls and other things for juggling, and wonderful friends.

It's a strange experience for me to have a day off that other people have off. To be able to enjoy the company of friends so thoroughly. I want to repeat it. I want to repeat having the day off, but more than that, I want to repeat Memorial Day 2008. I want that happiness, that inner warmth, every day. It was amazing. (If I keep talking, all I'm going to do is ramble on about how good it was in a very repetitive manner.)

The photos, some of them are weird, we're three odd people, but I just like these images. We were just having fun, being us, through and through. There are, quite literally, a hundred more I like also, but I can't post them all.

I just want you to know, right now, I'm smiling.









Update: Sarah's blog post, and if you don't know Sarah, you really should, trust me. Also, her post is so much better than mine. Read it, you'll get a feel for the day better than from me and discover you want to hang with Sarah also, but I have dibs. Just sayin'.

4 comments:

Ya Looblue said...

so I find it highly ironic that as soon as I published MY post about TheBestDayEver, I came over to your blog and found YOUR post about TheBestDayEver. and we even chose some of the same pictures. Yay for everything.

guildencrantz said...

Ok, I finally broke down and reset my password *again*. I don't know why I keep forgetting it!

This day was so wonderful. I'm so glad that I got to spend it with the two of you. It meant a lot and, as Sarah Monkey's blog said, it was a day that slowed down in the best possible way.

Let's have more Photo/Friend Picnics!

Josh Hawkins said...

Oh yeah yay for everything, oh yeah.

Yeah, an amazing day. Thank you both so much. I feel wonderful, and it's because of the two of you.

And is there any doubt that I'm down for more of these? Any at all?

Ya Looblue said...

yer too sweet. and i agree. more sooner than later. no doubt. never ever.