Thursday, June 26, 2008

Product Placement Time, II


You know em', you love em', or at least you know I love em', and isn't that a wonderful thing that everyone wants? It's time for another performance by Chicago Tap Theatre (howdy lovely ladies, and Mark and Phil).

It's there annual summer story show, a superhero comic tap opera, or a continuation/re-introduction of last year's story of Hourglass (the comic book superhero hottie and hottie crew) once again battling evil hotties (and Mark and Phil). This year the show is "The Hourglass and the Poisoned Pen". I don't know the plot yet, so I can't spill the details, sorry. Suffice it to say, great tapping, I'm willing to bet a great storyline (plot written by comic book artist Andrew Pepoy, who will be at the show this Saturday), lots of fun, many laughs, and from what I'm told, bright colors. I don't know if there is anything shiny though. Oohhh, shiny.

As with all Chicago Tap Theatre performances, I recommend taking the time to see this one. The story shows are always among my favorites, innovative, different, definitely not what I would expect of tap (well, until I got to know CTT, now I'm spoiled forever. I like being spoiled.), and just all around awesome. Plus you'll be supporting one of the kindest, nicest, creative, innovative and hottest (I like calling them hot, because they are, and then they tell me how nice and sweet I am. I'm so easy.) performing groups in town. (And if you doubt me, I took a friend to their Mixology show back in March or so, and she's now hyping the company and trying to figure out when she's going to go as well. See em' once, fall in love with them forever. Trust me.)

On a quick side note, you can cheer, clap, hoot and holler during the performance for things you like or enjoy. I always enjoy cheering for the "evil" characters. It's more fun when "evil" wins. (This might explain some things about my life.)

Also, be aware, if you want to talk to the cast about the production, Friday nights they'll be having special question and answer sessions.

While the show runs through the 20th of July, I'd suggest earlier rather than later (later performances of all shows tend to sell out, earlier it's easier to get tickets), in fact I'd suggest you go this very weekend. Really, don't you want something cool to do this weekend? And as I've pointed out in the past, guys, you can really impress the ladies with how culturally cool you are, and all you have to do is watch a live comic book, though you'll love the performance on all levels I'm sure.

Hopefully I'll see ya there this weekend.

Tickets here.

June 27-29, July 5,6, 11-13, 18-20
All Friday and Saturday shows at 8pm
All Sunday shows at 3pm
Athenaeum Theatre, Studio 3, 2936 N. Southport
For tickets, call 312-902-1500 or here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will personally vouch for shiny. And frankly, I should know.