Monday, February 19, 2007

Blessing of the Clowns

Heads up to anyone reading this regularly (I know there are a very few of you) I haven't been updating lately, and it will be a few weeks before I probably start again. I've been absorbed with updating my website. It's getting close, but I've still got a lot of finishing touches to take care of. You may want to head over there and take a look.

This is just a quick pair of images from the Blessing of the Clowns. I know people talk about how something was "like in the movies," but personally, I think the movies lack an understanding of the surreality of daily life.

Before the clowns started performing while the Reverend was talking, I had a clown telling me masturbation and incest jokes in the back of the church. Yep, during church service I was being told dirty jokes by a clown in the back of a church. If you put that in a movie they include drugs to make it "believable," when in reality this stuff just happens.

Sometimes in life it's best just to accept the strangeness of life and move on. Anymore will just screw with your world view too much.



No comments: