Wednesday, February 21, 2007

A Gala I wasn't working

I get to attend formal events somewhat regularly. I almost never get to attend formal events as a guest. It's a nice change of pace.

Maybe the word "formal" is wrong in this situation, but technically it was a gala, and a fund raiser, so I'm going to call it a formal event.

So these are from Chicago Tap Theatre's Unmasked Gala. They are a joy watch, and fun to help.


It's also nice to be complimented on your work. It's really nice when it happens repeatedly, with a fair amount of energy, and from beautiful women. If only every night were so nice.

As with many artists in this world, it's rare to get much feedback much less a lot of reinforcement. Personally I don't need it much (or I tell myself that) but every once and a while, it's damn nice. And I think to varying degrees that's true with just about every artist.

Art is world that typically involves a lot of work, sometime solitary, or fairly solo, and it's nice to know that there's something on the other side of that silent void that your energy goes into. It's one thing to feel good about what you're doing, but we all need some feedback from others on occasion.

Now this isn't why I went to this event. I went to this event because they are a damn cool dance group. So it's just cool to be able to support them. It's also nice to get to put names, voices and personalities to faces which I've seen over and over in my photos.

No comments: