Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Contest Entries

I hate entering contests. Mostly because it just feels like doing paperwork. I'm going through old work, at most doing minor toning, and otherwise rewriting captions, renaming and getting images to the requested specs.

Booooooooring.

But it's good to do also. One, there is always the chance I could win something. Though past experience has taught me that that chance is pretty small. On the other hand if you don't shoot you don't score, so take the shot.

Second, if I do win, it gets me some points in the newsroom which will hopefully get me something in need, space maybe, down the line.

Third, it looks good on the resume. I don't know why I care about that as I haven't updated it in years, but it sounds like a good reason.

The above image is from a foundry on the south side of Chicago where the owner (pictured) wants to convert this room for blacksmithing. I love people who love a craft.

Also, note the redesign of the site. Okay, I'll note the redesign of the site and you'll read and not know what I'm talking about.

No comments: