Friday, March 07, 2008

Flight and Falling


The pics have nothing to do with the words. I don't care. The pics are from Ameba's current piece, "On the Edge" at the Ruth Page Center for the Arts.

I have no idea any more. I've totally lost any concept of if I'm flying or if I'm falling, as far as I can tell, there is no difference between the two. I'm overwhelmed on almost every side of life. I can't handle it, and I love it. The contradictions in my life are constant, and thorough. I'm totally lost, and I just can't stop myself from continuing to go, further and further. Reality is becoming a distant memory, unless where I'm at right now is reality, which I find hard to believe, but how would I know?

I increasingly see my life in terms of "Apocalypse Now". It's my all time favorite movie. It describes my life. Surreality every where, all sides. And I just keep getting pulled up river, pulled by some force I don't understand. I don't know who I am, both in terms of which character I would most resemble (I can make arguments for the Chief, Lance, and the photojournalist, but I want to be Kurtz.) and I just don't know if I know who I am anymore. I've chosen to let go, or remake so many parts of me in the last year, it's amazing, I'm happier, I'm a better person, a better human, but I'm not sure who I am, or where I am. This isn't a bad thing, if anything, it's a good thing. I'm just totally lost on the river. Whatever it is, it works, but it's all such a swirl.








2 comments:

Ya Looblue said...

i know what you mean, man.

Ya Looblue said...

yeah, not posting every day now that I'm not invisible chained to my bed. (whoa. dirty.) I think that updates will mostly be M, W, F...WOMBAT scores and things. I also have time to rest and ice after PT most of the time. A good time to write.